Samphire Beach House is a beautiful beachfront house in a prime location in West Wittering. It has been featured in a number of interiors magazines including Country House and Interiors, and in 2020 was named by SHEERLUXE as one of the most beautiful beach houses available to rent.
The New England style house was built by the owners in 2011 and the interiors are a lovingly chosen mix of modern, vintage and antique pieces, with paintings throughout the house by Caribbean-based artist Kate Spencer. In designing the interior the owners were assisted by renowned coastal interior designer Melanie Boissevain.
The ground floor is a largely open-plan kitchen/dining area/living room which opens on to the beautiful raised verandah with day-bed, Adirondack chair, and outdoor dining table and chairs. Beyond the verandah and small lawn is a gate onto the private beach-deck, built on to the shingle and a wonderful spot to while away the summer days.
The house provides 4 bedrooms. The master bedroom with vaulted ceiling and ceiling fan opens from french windows onto a balcony with fabulous sea views across to the Isle of Wight. A further double bedroom and twin bedroom are supplemented by a fourth bedroom downstairs which features bespoke driftwood built-in bunk-beds (suitable only for children 12 years and under). Upstairs is a family bathroom with freestanding tub and a master en-suite shower room. Outside, to the side of the house, is a delightful outdoor bath, great fun for children on a summer’s evening.
An outbuilding provides a utility room which includes washing machine, tumble dryer, travel cot, child gate, and high chair. The house includes hi-speed WIFI, a television in the sitting room with Sky + package (including Sky Sports and BT sports) and a further TV/DVD in the twin bedroom. For summer days there is a BBQ, deckchairs and outdoor over-sized floor cushions.
(1) All upstairs bedrooms have chests of drawers/shelved cupboard and a hook on the back of each door but there are no hanging cupboards, the bunk-bed room has built-in drawers and wall hooks.
(2) The bunk-beds are only suitable for children 12 years and under.
(3) Samphire Beach House cannot be used as a party or reception venue.
(4) The maximum rental capacity is 6 adults/children plus a further 2 children in bunk-bed room.
(5) The house is strictly no smoking
(6) No pets allowed
(7) Off-street parking is available for 2 cars. There is no on-street parking available in the road but there is a car park 5/7 minutes’ walk away.
Country Homes and Interiors Magazine